The purpose of this assignment is to investigate informatics in healthcare and to apply professional, ethical, and legalprinciplestoits appropriateuseinhealthcaretechnology.
CO 4: Investigate safeguards and decision‐making support tools embedded in patient care technologies and informationsystemsto support asafepracticeenvironmentfor bothpatientsandhealthcareworkers. (PO4)
CO 6: Discuss the principles of data integrity, professional ethics, and legal requirements related to data security,regulatoryrequirements, confidentiality, andclient’s right to privacy.(PO6)
CO8:Discussthevalueofbest evidenceas adrivingforcetoinstitutechangeinthe deliveryofnursingcare. (PO8)
- Research, compose, and type a scholarly paper based on the scenario provided by your faculty, and choose aconclusion scenario to discuss within the body of your paper. Reflect on lessons learned in this class abouttechnology, privacy concerns, and legal and ethical issues and address each of these concepts in the paper. Considerthe consequences of such a scenario. Do not limit your review of the literature to the nursing discipline only becauseother health professionals are using the technology, and you may need to apply critical thinking skills to itsapplications inthis scenario.
- Use Microsoft Word and APA formatting. Consult your copy of the Publication Manual of the American PsychologicalAssociation, as well as the resources in Doc Sharing if you have questions (e.g., margin size, font type and size(point), use of third person, etc.). Take advantage of the writing service SmartThinking, which is accessed by clickingonthelinkcalled theTutorSource,foundunderthe Course Homearea.
- The length of the paper should be four to five pages, excluding the title page and the reference page. Limit thereferences toafewkeysources(minimumofthreerequired).
- The paper will contain an introduction that catches the attention of the reader, states the purpose of the paper, andprovidesa narrativeoutlineofwhatwillfollow(i.e., theassignment criteria).
- In the body of the paper, discuss the scenario in relation to HIPAA, legal, and other regulatory requirements thatapply to the scenario and the ending you chose. Demonstrate support from sources of evidence (references)includedas in‐text citations.
- Choose and identify one of the possible endings provided for the scenario, and construct your paper based on itsimplicationstothe scenario.Makerecommendationsaboutwhatshouldhave beendone andwhatcouldbe donetocorrectormitigatethe problemscaused bythescenarioandtheendingyouchose. Demonstratesupportfrom
- Present the advantages and disadvantages of informatics relating to your scenario and describe professional andethical principles appropriate to your chosen ending. Use facts from supporting sources of evidence, which must beincludedas in‐text citations.
- Thepaper’sconclusionshouldsummarize whatyoulearnedandmakereflectionsaboutthem toyourpractice.
- Use the “Directions andAssignmentCriteria”and“GradingRubric” belowtoguideyourwritingandensurethatall
- Review the section on Academic Honesty found in the Chamberlain Course Policies. All work must be original (inyourownwords).PaperswillautomaticallybesubmittedtoTurnItInwhensubmittedtothe Dropbox.