conduct an in-depth analysis of an existing company of your choice ( Whirlpool ), to which you will apply all of the concepts and materials presented in this course. The following questions are provided and must be addressed in your paper. These questions follow the chapters as presented in class.
Your answers should be descriptive and provide sufficient explanations and examples. Detail is everything – not only in description but also (and even more so) in assessment and classification. If you claim that the company is a “leader in the industry”, provide data that support it. If you say that they are effective because of market share or employee satisfaction, tell me what the market share is that they currently hold and how you know that their employees are happy. A lot of this information will be in your company’s annual report.
Make sure that you include sources for all of your information and detailed examples and explanations for all your material. Please be very, very careful referencing your sources. Anything that did not originate in your brain MUST be properly referenced, using APA referencing. This includes the textbook, the class materials such as PowerPoint notes, your company’s materials, electronic sources, news articles, etc. Plagiarism shall result in an F grade for the assignment.
That said, use direct quotations very sparingly. Overuse of direct quotations from company materials and/or the textbook will negatively impact your score. Use the information you obtain to inform your analysis and unique response when answering assignment questions – do NOT simply copy and paste text from previously published materials.
- Complete all questions (15 total) within all sections (I-VIII) for full credit.
- Number your responses according to the numbered outline of questions below.
- Papers should be size 11 font, 1.5-inch line spacing, 1-inch margins all around the page. Only use either Arial or Times New Roman font style.
- Papers must be submitted as a Microsoft Word Document; all other document formats will have an automatic deduction of 5 points.
- Papers should be around 9-12 pages in length. Do not exceed 20 pages total. If your paper is less than 8 pages, your paper is underdeveloped.
- You do not need to include a title page or abstract, however, be sure to put your name at the top of your paper.
- Students may turn in their completed case study paper online using Canvas anytime during Week 7.
**NOTE: Your assignment must be referenced in APA format. This includes both in-text citations AND a reference list at the end of your document. You must reference all information you use from the Daft (2016) text as well as the information you retrieve about your organization, including their annual report. You may only use resources that are considered reputable as outlined in the Guidelines for Written Assignments section of the Case Study Assignment Module (that is: NO Wikipedia, NO businessdictionary.com, NO resources without a date of publication or author, NO resources from the web that do not include a URL for me to cross check your information). APA format adherence is 10 points of your total score. Please see the Guidelines for Written Assignments section of the Case Study Assignment Module for more details and tips about citing in APA format.